I've seen it more than once wedding couples who scramble the day of their wedding, because they forgot to write a check to a vendor, or the heel to their bridesmaids shoe broke. Here are some helpful tips for your wedding day on ways to be prepared for your special day and combat the last minute items that can happen.
1. Something Old, Something New, Something Blue: Don’t forget the essential accessories like your something old, new and blue. Items like the flower girl’s basket, the ring bearers’ pillow, cake knife, and the guest book and pen.
2. Charge Your Technology: Other things most brides forget to do on their big day is make sure all their technology is charged. Make sure the night before that you’re wedding party and yourself have all your phones charged in the off chance that your limo gets a flat on the way to the ceremony.
3. Lay it All Out: You’ve had a mental snapshot since you were a child of what you want you’re wedding to look like. Take all those details and pick a room in your house or hotel room and lay it all out: the dress, shoes, jewelry, handbags etc. Keep options on hand, like two sets of earrings in case the first pair breaks.
4. Wedding Day Survival Kit: Making wedding day survival kits with your wedding party is a great way to relax the night before your wedding and help elevate the stress the day before. Pack items light a tide to go stick, pins, a needle and thread, body tape, makeup, extra panty-hose, earrings, lip-gloss, etc.
5. Bring Extra Cash: You never know when something might pop up, or you might find one of your vendors performed above and beyond your expectations. Having extra money on hand for gratuity even for the cab driver on the way to the airport it important to remember.
6. Snapshot: Make sure to check in with all your vendors and confirm your date. Don't leave anything to chance. You've spent all this time preparing for your wedding. Calling the caterer a week ahead of schedule to re-confirm your menu is never a bad thing to do. If you've got family members like out of town relatives you want to make sure you have images of, make sure to give your wedding photographer a list.